What Is Microblading?
Microblading involves a manual hand held tool that has very fine needles, which implant pigment into the top layer of the skin (the epidermis). The incisions are shallow which is what makes the procedure semi-permanent. The results leaves you with crisp, natural hair strokes and a beautifully defined brow.
I only use Nanoblades as the needles that make up the blade are very fine (0.15mm) and flexible therefore causing less trauma to the skin. Due to the nano fine needles it creates more precise and natural results than traditional Microblading.
Who Can Benefit From Microblading?
Eyebrows not only frame your entire face, they complete it. They give you expression and portray how you feel to the world. If you’re frowning or smiling do it with elegant eyebrows that enhance your natural beauty.
- People with busy lifestyles and little time
- People who suffer from alopecia
- People who experience allergic reactions to conventional make-up
- Athletes, swimmers and active people
- People who seek correction of their facial features
- Men AND women who wish to look their best at all times
For all clients who are interested in getting their eyebrows microbladed I offer a FREE consultation. A consultation is required to do a patch test, go through medical history, discuss a desired outcome and manage client expectation.
Who Can Have Microblading?
Most people are suitable for this treatment however there are some instances where I am unable to carry out the treatment. Please consider the following if you would like to book:
- You must be 18 or over
- You must not be pregnant or breast feeding
- You must not have hemophilia
- You must wait 3 weeks after you have had Botox/fillers to continue with any Microblading treatment
- You must not be taking Roaccutane/Accutane (Please wait 6 months after taking this medication to have this treatment and wait 6 months after the treatment to resume taking medication)
- I cannot microblade over keloid scar (raised scars)
Before Your Appointment
To prep your skin for optimum results:
- Do not tweeze or wax one week before procedure
- Do not tan (sunbeds or sun) two weeks before
- Do not work out the day of the appointment
- Do not have Botox 3 weeks prior
- Do not wax or tint your brows one week before
- Do not use any retinol creams 7 days before your appointment
- Do not drink alcohol or caffeine 72 hours before your appointment
- Do not take aspirin or ibuprofen for 72 hours before, as this thins the blood
The aftercare is as important as the appointment to help yourself achieve the perfect brows:
Day of the appointment
I will apply ointment after your treatment to help heal and protect your new brows, do not touch them!
Before bed boil the kettle and pour some into a glass, let the water cool down. Dip a clean cotton pad and squeeze the water out, GENTLY blot the area, this removes the lymph fluid building up and hardening, preventing scabs. After the skin has dried gently apply a rice grain amount of ointment, with a clean cotton bud, between both brows.
Apply a rice grain amount of ointment, with a clean cotton bud, between both brows. A little goes a long way; too much ointment can affect the healing. Do this morning and night.
- Do not get them wet!
- Do not pick any scabs or dry skin! Let it fall off naturally as this can cause scarring and colour loss.
- Avoid hot, sweaty exercise, saunas, swimming and long steamy showers or baths.
- Avoid sun and UV exposure for at least 2 weeks.
- Avoid sleeping on your face and make sure your pillowcases are clean and fresh.
Every persons skin is different, the outcome of your eyebrows can depend on age, medications, aftercare, genetics and environmental factors. Please be aware you may need more than 2 treatments to achieve your desired eyebrows.
If you have any questions after your treatment do not hesitate to come back in or call for guidance.